Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leave of Absence

I haven't posted in a long time. Life gets in the way of pretty much everything I do now. I remember being a kid and feeling like I had all the time in the world, maybe too much time. Things didn't move fast enough for me and I couldn't wait to grow up. Now that I've "grown up" (I'm 24 and I graduated college so I guess that makes me a grown up now) I feel like I never have enough time and that life is just passing me by. I'm sure every twenty-something year old feels that way at some point.

I've been working hard on trying to be a better "me". I've recently been saved and found Jesus (even though he was always there). I love my church family and I spend the majority of my time with them. Finding God has made me a more stable person, a more grounded and understanding person. It's a constant journey though but I look forward to it. I want to be the best me I can be and I know that I can only do that with God.

On a lighter note, I have also been invited to a MeetUp at the Polyvore HQ in California this next weekend. They are this wonderful website that mixes social networking with fashion, design, art and shopping! I will be posting here in more details than I will be posting on my Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. I know that it's going to be wonderful experience for me and it's going to be something that I will tell my children and they probably will think I was crazy. I mean, who just jets off to California having never been there and meets complete strangers? And, this isn't my first time either! I did meet my two friends, Sam and Kate, on Polyvore and we all meet up for the first time in Chicago for Lollapalooza. So maybe I am crazy lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment